Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Crockpot Buffalo Chicken

I know I'm a posting maniac in the last two days, BUT I know most of you have the day off today for the holiday! So either you're cooking and ideas are helpful or your relaxing and have some spare time. What better to do in your spare time than catch up on blog reading and meal plan? Thus you need reading material, ideas, and inspiration. Also... I'm trying to get to my 100th post! On the post I'll announce changes to the blog and other fun things. This is the 95th in case you were wondering. :) 

This recipe has quickly become one of my favorites. You know I don't repeat recipes often. I usually wait at least 3 months to cycle things back around, unless I absolutely LOVE them. Well this one has been repeated! It's so stinking easy and soooo good if you like spicy things. Three ingredients! AND you don't have to thaw anything. 


Ingredients: 

  • 3 lb bag of frozen chicken breasts
  • 1 bottle of buffalo sauce (I usually use Frank's but I got this Texas Pete one for free from an RA and loved it just as much)
  • 1 packet of dry ranch mix


Directions: 

Add chicken to a large crock pot. Sprinkle with ranch seasoning. Pour over hot sauce. Cook on low for 6 - 7 hours. Remove chicken from crock pot, leaving sauce in. Shred chicken with a fork and add back to crock pot. Cook on low for 30 minutes to an hour. 

That's it! I like to serve mine on some nice rolls or buns. I used onion rolls this time and they were YUMMY! I made a batch of healthy ranch dressing using 1 packet of dry ranch, 1 cup of non fat Greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup of skim milk (1/3 a cup is 2 points and I used much less than that) to spread on the buns. I topped each sandwich with julienned celery, matchstick carrots, and some reduced calorie blue cheese crumbles. 

This makes 8 good sized servings at 4 points per serving, not including bread or toppings. 





Pin It

No comments: