Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Meal Planning 101: Week 12

I know I seem like a slacker and haven't been keeping my "post a weekly meal plan every Sunday which usually means Monday" promise. You probably think I've been eating frozen things or fast food like the last time I did this. But I promise, I'm not! 

Last Tuesday I went to the Farmer's Market, we discussed that. Then my Aunt came to visit on Thursday and boy did she deliver on the promise to bring me goodies from Pawpaw's garden! 


There are blueberries, corn, squash, zucchini, okra, banana pepperx, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, a watermelon and... The reason my meal planning has been lacking this week. 


TOMATOES! Oh my the tomatoes. I had tomatoes from the Farmer's Market AND Pawpaw's tomatoes. I could eat garden grown tomatoes like apples. No grocery store tomato tastes like these. I have lost count of how many meals have consisted of pretzels and a tomato sandwich. Soft bread, a little mayo, thick slices of tomato, salt and pepper. It's like heaven in my mouth. 

I hate summer. I do. It's HOT! We're possibly reaching record temps this week, breaking into the 100s and everything. But... there is one thing that makes me be positive about summer and not want to rush it away too fast. Tomatoes. And their sandwiches. 

Moving on to my not so involved distracted my local home grown fruits and veggies meal plan for the week... Seriously. I'm preparing you. It's not nearly as creative as it normally  is. I just want to eat veggies! 


Yep. I confessed in my prior post that for dinner one day I ate nothing but Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze. I'm owning it!

Sunday:

Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls

Monday:


Leftover Ginger Pepper Basil Scampi Trenne with Turkey Bacon and Breadless Heirloom Bruschetta Salad (A rambly mouthful that means I made a scampi sauce, melted down some Ginger Pepper Jelly instead of wine, fried up some turkey bacon, tossed it with a cool tricolor trenne pasta I found at Home Goods and lots of fresh basil, sliced a beautiful heirloom tomato and some basil and sprinkled it with salt, pepper and balsamic and didn't know what to call any of it because I just made it up.)



Tuesday:

Veggie Stir Fry (fresh squash and zucchini with onions and carrots) and Sliced Tomato

Wednesday:

Leftover Veggie Stir Fry and Edamame Rice

Thursday:

Spicy Baked Tilapia with Sauteed Squash

Friday: 

Rehearsal Dinner! One of my very best friends is getting married this weekend.

Saturday:

Wedding Reception Food



Pin It

No comments: