Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Super Bowl Party Pizza Puffs

Guess who doesn't know who is playing in the Superbowl? Guess who didn't even know that the Superbowl was this weekend and planned a staff dinner party for that night? Guess whose entire staff also didn't know the Superbowl was on that night or have any desire to change the dinner party to another night. I sure did pick the right 6 girls to be on my staff! So you get it, I don't like or care about football. 

HOWEVER, I do like parties and party foods! Even though I'm having a staff dinner party that's Greek themed where we might turn on the TV and watch the Superbowl commercials, I totally support Superbowl parties. Go to a Superbowl party if you didn't make other plans like I did. Go and bring something! Bring something healthy that people won't even believe is healthy on a pretty plate to steal the show away from the wings and rotel dip. Bring these Party Pizza Puffs and everyone will be talking about your offerings during the commercials (or during the game if you're going to a party with girls like me).

Party Pizza Puffs

Recipe slightly adapted from emilybites.com.



Ingredients: 

  • 3/4 cup Heart Healthy Bisquick
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/4th teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic poweder
  • 3/4 cup skim milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 4 1/2 ounces of turkey pepperoni, quartered
  • marinara sauce for dipping

This recipe is for a single batch which makes about 24 mini puffs. I actually trippled it when I made it because I was feeding a lot of people. For an average size Superbowl party I'd for sure double it. 



Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350. Use non-stick cooking spray to spray a 24 count mini muffin tin. In a large bowl mix the Bisquick, red pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder. Add the milk and egg and whisk until combined and lump free. Add the cheeses and pepperoni and stir until combined.

I used a cookie scoop to divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool slightly on a cooling wrack before serving. Serve with warm marinara for dipping! 


I made these for my RAs and for a Christmas Eve party. EVERYONE loves them. Women, men, teenage boys (they really love them), even dieters!


Pin It

No comments: