Monday, July 15, 2013

Meal Planning 101: Week 35

Pin It
I get on these kicks sometimes where I can't focus on anything else but whatever "kick" I am on. My current kick is organizing and cleaning all the things. I'm almost finished! I've still been cooking and snapping pictures for you, but I've slacked on posting due to my organization cleaning project. I will return soon! I couldn't leave you hanging without a Meal Plan Monday (barely, but before midnight!). 


I was all about tomatoes last week thanks to my local farmer's market. Tomatoes made an appearance in every single one of my lunches and most of my suppers! Oh how I love a farmer's market. Does your town have one? GO! Mine just so happens to be on the magical brick streets of our olde towne. My favorite vendor is the honey/kettle corn family. The sale local honey and pop kettle corn right there on the streets. Enough talking, we're almost out of minutes for this Monday! This week's plan comes complete with breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas! I even chopped up fruit and veggies for healthy snacking for the week. AND I even cold brewed over a gallon of cold brew coffee concentrate for iced coffee at home. It will last a month! I'll miss you Starbucks, but I'm saving $10 a week with this. 

Monday:

grilled foil fish packets, with grilled peppers, onions and potatoes

Tuesday:

ground turkey spaghetti, grilled eggplant, garlic bread and strawberries with coconut whipped cream (A friend is bringing dessert! Three of us are going to the local Star's Hollow-esque Farmer's Market together then watching Pretty Little Liars.)

Wednesday:

church meal

Thursday:

Indian food potluck - I'm bring vanilla chai cupcakes

Friday:

grilled eggplant (using leftover eggplant) and heirloom tomato flatbread pizzas and crudities with roasted red pepper Greek yogurt dip

Saturday:

leftover spaghetti

Sunday:

spaghetti boats (using leftover spaghetti) and cucumber onion salad


Lunch Ideas: 


top left: avocado half + chopped garden tomato + grapes + veggie chips + MS cookies
top right: leftover dill pickle soup + veggie chips + peach + cheerwine
bottom left: tomato sandwich + veggie chips + strawberry trifle
bottom right: tomato (snacky lunch before an early dinner)


Extras:


Breakfast - OVERNIGHT OATS HAVE RETURNED! Since acquiring chia seeds at Trader Joe's, I decided breakfast for the next two weeks must be overnight oats. Seven(ish) new recipes coming! This week I'm all about strawberry flavor combos since strawberries are on sale: strawberries and cream, strawberry peach, orange strawberry, banana strawberry. Last week I was crazy about avocados. On more than once occasion I had an avocado and some form of caffeine for breakfast and it was perfect.

Iced Coffee - As mentioned above, I made over a gallon of Pioneer Woman's cold brew coffee. I didn't have a container as big as hers, but I had a 1.5 gallon container. I used 1 1/2 cup ground coffee and 24 cups of water. It's basically 2 cups of water for every ounce of coffee. 12 ounces of coffee (1 1/2 cups) + 24 cups of water.


What are you eating this week? Post your weekly meal plan in the comment section below! You can also link your meal plan up over at Organizing Junkie and see even more people who are meal planning. 


4 comments:

Rona Berry-Morin said...

My husband bought me a Hoover carpet/upholstery cleaner last week and I've been a cleaning freak. So I totally understand.

I hope you have a wonderful and delicious week.

Heather Barnes said...

I'm so glad I'm finding more Clinton-area bloggers! I love the Fresh at Five, though I hate that I've hardly made any of them this summer. That avocado is making my mouth water :)


soliloquiesandsass.wordpress.com
Heather

Kasia said...

Thanks Rona! I finally finished all my cleaning/organizing obsession!

Kasia said...

Whoa! I didn't know there were other Clinton bloggers!! Totally added you to my feedly! I have a small handful of friends in the area that blog but that is all I knew of. I'd love to know of others! So so glad you commented so we could connect.