Monday, May 21, 2012

Dr. Pepper Ten Brownies

Weight Watcher's at home chefs and bakers have to be some of the most innovative people out there! Tips and tricks are passed down at every meeting. Shortcuts and substitutes can be found on any food blog that shares Weight Watcher recipes. Some of my favorite recipes are the SUPER easy ones. The mix this with a box of that and done ones! Lower in points and easier? Win win! 

Cake mix recipes mixed with cans of diet soda (or assorted cans of fruit) are all over the place. I haven't actually had a cake mix with soda that I like yet. (However, I do enjoy cake mixes mixed with pumpkin or pineapple.) But... when I saw this Diet Coke Brownies recipe, my interest was stirred. It helped that it came from a healthy eating blog that I trust. Craving chocolate probably helped a bit too. Needless to say, I found myself having to try out a version of these brownies. Dr. Pepper Ten is my all time favorite diet soda and I always have it. If I don't, I'm mad at someone for drinking the last one. I think it was the perfect diet soda for these easy peasy brownies. 


Ingredients: 

  • 1 box of brownie mix
  • 1 can of Dr. Pepper Ten (or diet soda of choice)

Directions: 

Stir brownie mix and soda together until smooth. Pour into a sprayed 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes. Follow the package directions for cooking, but you may have to cook it a tad longer. Just rely on the tooth pick trick. 

Now... if you want to be good and very self controlled, you can (and should) stop there. However... Since we're not adding eggs or oil, why not add a little coconut shavings? I mean aren't they just so pretty and just in need of being the perfect topping for something? 


Since we're adding things, a few chocolate chips sprinkled on hot right out of the oven brownies are the inseparable best friend to coconut shavings. 


Then... the fat free sweet condensed milk just felt left out! He asked nicely to be drizzled atop. I just couldn't bring myself to tell him no. 


And that's how Dr. Pepper Ten Brownies became Coconut Dr. Pepper Ten Brownies.


The Weight Watcher's Recipe Builder was down tonight, so I couldn't add it the little extras. But word to the wise, make these for people! They are dangerously good and easy to snack on. Without the extras, according to the recipe I used as a base, they are 4 points each for 18 servings. Mine made 12 large servings or 24 small ones.


Pin It

No comments: