Monday, May 7, 2012

Meal Planning 101: Week 7

So you know I'm a decent meal planner right? It's a skill I've been blessed with, one of the few I'll willingly admit I do well. I'm also not too shabby at cooking, baking and cabinet organization. 

Wanna know what I'm not good at? Goodbyes. I had to say goodbye to the best RAs an RD can know this week! Sure, one of them is basically my sister, two are coming back next year, one is joining the RD staff and one promises to come see me a lot (and happens to be sleeping on my couch this Tuesday night), but still! Goodbyes stink worse that goat cheese (I hate that stuff). I sulk for a few days and then realize I'm being silly. 

(Photo by the lovely Katelyn Williams - she has a blog!) 

Know what else I'm not good at? Packing. Unpacking. Folding clothes. Packing. Packing. Packing. 

Guess who has less than 5 days to have her entire apartment packed up to go into storage for the summer while she lives in a student apartment for renovations? Yep. And guess who hasn't packed a single box yet? That'd be me again. 

So guess what happens when I have less than 5 days to pack up my entire apartment and need every ounce of spare time possible to do so (and wasted a few quality packing days sulking about missing my RAs and not having summer friends)? 


I'll spare you an actual meal plan this week because my meal plan consists of frozen pizza, frozen Smart Ones, frozen steamer meal type thingies, frozen veggies, Dr. Pepper 10, premade coffee and more frozen things. 

Reasons - 1. The aforementioned packing procrastination. 2. I actually do need to pack up my cookware and kitchenware. 3. I don't want to buy big groceries, because that's just more to pack and move. 4. Cooking a planned meal can take some time! I need that time to pack. 

Highlights - 1. I actually like frozen pizza better than real pizza and Kroger's BBQ Chicken Pizza is my fav! 2. Smart Ones were 4 for $7! 3. Green Giant's Just For Ones come with Weight Watchers points listed on them AND are a perfect way to add completion to a frozen meal. 

In other quick news, I begin my last year in the 20 somethings decade in 7 days. I'll be 29 on May 14th! To me this is a big birthday because it's the last one before 30. I was kinda bummed that my RAs wouldn't be here to celebrate it with me, because I love them! Well...

They surprised me! I was a total brat and made it REALLY hard but they did it! It was actually a complete surprise. I had no idea whatsoever! First time ever I've been completely surprised. AND?! They bought me the most perfect presents ever!

One of my strengths is individualization. To let you in a little on what that looks like...

Your Individualization theme leads you to be intrigued by the unique qualities of each person. You are impatient with generalizations or “types” because you don’t want to obscure what is special and distinct about each person. Instead, you focus on the differences between individuals. You instinctively observe each person’s style, each person’s motivation, how each thinks, and how each builds relationships. You hear the one-of-a-kind stories in each person’s life. This theme explains why you pick your friends just the right birthday gift, why you know that one person prefers praise in public and another detests it, and why you tailor your teaching style to accommodate one person’s need to be shown and another’s desire to “figure it out as I go.” 

That being said, I HATE gift cards! It was a total AHA moment when I realized the reason I hate them is because of how much I value individualization. The greatest feeling in the entire world to me is when I know that someone knows me. When they know me well enough to know I'd like a song, a band, a movie, a store, a shirt, or the absolute best birthday presents in the world! 


My RAs not only know me, but they listen to me! Almost everything they got me was something I barely remember mentioning in conversations that I wanted or wished I had. They got me a cookie scoop, jumbo muffin tin, jumbo muffin cups, a cupcake decorating kit, a cupcake display tree, a watermelon knife AND chalkboard place mats (MY FAVORITE - you'll see these on the blog OFTEN). 

So next week, I'll be back. With a REAL meal plan that doesn't consist of frozen things. Wanna help me pack? 


Pin It

No comments: