Monday, April 30, 2012

5 Minute Fruit Crisp

As you surely know, I love Weight Watchers. It's the only "diet" that works for me, even if it's not working so well right now. Okay well even if I'm not doing it so well right now. Shhhhh. Don't judge my lack of motivation and efforts. Students will be gone soon and there will be no more late night parties, end of the year celebrations, midnight movie premiers, or "hey look, I bought a dozen Krisy Kreme donuts and I'm bringing them to your apartment to share" moments until August! Don't get me wrong, I will totally miss those faces like crazy. In trying to be positive about summer transitions, I got super excited about the mostly unlimited possibilities to eat healthier for a few solid months and catch back up on my weight loss. 

However, weight loss doesn't exist or work for me without dessert! Call me crazy, but I definitely loose more weight knowing I can have dessert than cutting it out. I love to make healthy desserts and made over desserts. Without RAs or students here to feed made over (or not so made over in some cases) desserts to, a problem arises! Even healthy made over desserts have leftovers. Desserts are good for treats, not constant access! So what do we do? Oh I know! Make individual 5-minute microwaveable desserts. 

5-minute microwaveable desserts are totally in right now. This summer without RAs and living in a foreign kitchen, microwaveable desserts will be my weight loss dieting life savers. I was inspired for this particular recipe by Jo and Sue's Blog. Check them out! They have a ton of 5-minute desserts. This one is my new favorite, inspired by their 5 Minute Apple Crisp

Pro tip - keep these in your freezer! I'm fairly certain there are endless dessert and treat possibilities found in this bag. 


5 Minute Peach Berry Crisp

Kasia's Kitchen original, inspired by Jo and Sue


Ingredients: 

  • 3/4 cup of frozen peaches, chopped
  • 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
  • 2 packets of Splenda
  • 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
  • 2 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
  • 3 tablespoons quick oats
  • 1 tablespoon Brummel and Brown yogurt butter
  • 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • splash of vanilla
  • dash of salt


Directions: 

Microwave chopped peaches in a ramekin for 2 minutes. FYI - the peaches are really easy to chop even in their frozen state. Add strawberries, Splenda and cornstarch to the peaches and stir until well combined. Return to microwave and heat for 1 minute. 

In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Mix with a fork until combined and crumbly. (Or you could just jump in there with your fingers and get messy like I did. It was fun.) 

Top peach and strawberry mixture with the crumble. Return to microwave for 1 minute. Tip - put a napkin in the microwave for this step! The first time I didn't and had spillage all over the microwave plate. This time I did, see? The napkin caught the spill. 


Yields one large serving. On Weight Watchers recipe builder if you could the fruit it's 8 points and if you don't it's 6. I choose not to count the fruit because fruit is free if it's without your 5-8 servings a day! You can make that choice for yourself. 

Remember when I made frozen yogurt bites? Three of the little bites make this perfect quick and easy treat even better. It feels like a fruit crisp with ice cream, but way healthier! 




Pin It

No comments: