Sunday, April 15, 2012

Nutella Fudge Pops

I'm not a huge fan of ice cream unless it's my Papaw's homemade ice cream. I have, however, always had a soft spot for popsicles. My favorite by far has always been the fudgesicle. It's such a creamy, sweet Spring/Summer treat. When I saw this super easy and mostly healthy recipe for homemade ones, I knew I had to try it. Thanks Chocolate Covered Katie

Nutella Fudge Pops
(recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie - I only used different Nutella)


Ingredients:
  • 3 frozen bananas
  • 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (I used 1/4 cup creamy & 1/4 cup crunchy of the Kroger brand)
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla


Directions: 
I froze my bananas with the peel on. It was a tiny bit hard to peel them, but not impossible if you cut them in half down the middle and then sliced them long ways in half. The peel came off pretty easy that way. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse, pulse pulse, blend, blend, blend for a long time until all ingredients are combined and smooth.

You can eat it straight out of the food processor as a yummy, creamy ice cream, or you can freeze them for fudgesicles! I used paper mouth wash cups to refreeze mine in. They were quite large servings to me, but I don't know of any smaller cups to freeze in. 


Yields 5 servings. If you count the bananas in the Weight Watchers Recipe Builder they are 6 points each, if you don't, they are 4. 


No comments: