Sunday, April 8, 2012

Meal Planning 101: Week 3


Can I hire a cute boy to make me fresh squeezed orange juice every morning? I'm certain mornings would be much better if I could. 

I didn't squeeze these oranges for drinkable glass of fresh orange juice sadly. Their destiny was to saturate some angel food cake for a Strawberry Shortcake Trifle that I took to the Easter Celebration # 2. 

I also made an Orange Jello Pretzel Salad. My aunt made it for our family Easter celebration and I loved it so much I had to make it too. I absolutely adore fruity desserts and desserts with a sweet and salty combo. I love this! The crust is salty buttery pretzels, the middle is cream cheese, sugar, and cool whip, and the top is orange jello with crushed pineapple and mandarin oranges. I piped on cute little cool whip dollops. 

It's a good thing I like it because I have a lot left! Apparently everyone else doesn't like weird combos as much as me. However, if you do you should try it! I didn't calculate the points for this because I don't count on holidays. I did use some low calorie and fat ingredients though. I used reduced fat cream cheese, fat free cool whip, and Splenda sweetened mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple. If I make it again (and not for a potluck), I'd use yogurt butter instead of the real stuff and sugar free jello. I was serving it to mixed company, including one of my dear pregnant friends, and didn't want to serve anything with artificial sweeteners. 


Now to the real reason for this post! It's Sunday which means time for me to share my weekly OCD meal plan. The written and planned meal plan has a meal on the agenda for tomorrow, BUT I have so many leftovers I may end up shifting everything over a day. 

I "decorated" with my two favorite Easter candies. 

Monday:

Tuesday: 
Leftovers

Wednesday:

Thursday: 
Leftovers

Friday:

Saturday:
Leftovers

Sunday:
Crock Pot Caesar Chicken on Buns & Caesar Salad

I'll also be making a batch of Skinny Breakfast Burritos (without the potatoes) to have for easy breakfast for the week and Nutella Fudge Pops (from frozen bananas and Nutella)! 

Notes: 
-I will "skinny" the pasta dish with yogurt butter and whole wheat penne.
-I'm using the meatball recipe as a base, but changing the flavors up a bit by using teriyaki sauce. 
-Ginna at Skinny Taste posted a "perfect" brown rice recipe last week. I've never made brown rice I actually liked because of the texture, so let's keep our fingers crossed for her recipe! 

What are you making for dinner this week? 

No comments: