Sunday, April 15, 2012

Meal Planning 101: Week 4

Last week was such a great meal week. This week has it's work cut out for it to compete! Highlights: breakfast burritos, crock pot ranch ribs (I used a bottle of Light Kraft BBQ sauce instead of making homemade), nutella fudge popsasparagus brown butter penne, roasted cabbage wedges, and finally perfecting the cooking of brown rice.

Some of my favs from last week - roasted cabbage wedges, crockpot country ribs, asparagus brown butter penne. 

Even if the week isn't AS good, it will still be a good one. I'm pretty excited about my meals and some of the extras. I am hosting two parties in my apartment this week. I love party food and am super excited about the things I'll be making for them, particularly the oatmeal whoopie pies! 

Sunday:
Shrimp Boil at friend Brittany's (I brought the sweet tea.)

Monday:
Dinner Out with Aunt Sandy & Uncle Jeff

Hosting a Dip & Dessert night at 9 o'clock for my current RAs and next year RAs. My offerings will be Chicken Ranch Dip* & Oatmeal Whoopie Pies.

Tuesday:
Crock Pot Caesar Chicken on English Muffins & Caesar Salad (Didn't get to this one last week because of free meals at other places.)

Wednesday:
Leftovers

Hosting a bridal shower at 8 o'clock for one of my RAs. My offerings will be another batch of Chicken Ranch Dip (it's just so easy) & Nutella Dip with strawberries. 

Thursday:
Baked Tilapia, Roasted Squash & English Chick Pea Salad*

Friday: 
Leftovers

Saturday: 
Grilled Turkey Burgers on English Muffins & Sweet Potato Beet Hash*

Sunday:
Grocery Day! (Which probably means I'll grab something quick or eat leftovers.)

I ran out of daylight which means... bad picture! Apologies. 

Notes:
*Chicken Ranch Dip - Also know as chicken ranch cheese ball, just deconstructed. It's can chicken, cream cheese, and dry ranch mixed together. Super simple and easy, but a crowd pleaser. 
*English Chick Pea Salad - I giggled when I came up with a name for this and pictured Adele, you know, English Chick. It's a totally made up take on an English pea salad based on me looking in the cabinets, fridge, and freezer and trying to come up with sides I didn't have to buy stuff for. Chick peas + English peas + onion and some other things. I'll let you know how it goes. 
*Sweet Potato Beet Hash - Watching the Food Network pays off again! I saw one of the chefs make a version of this, and decided I'd try my own version since I recently discovered I actually do like beets. 

What are you making for dinner this week? 

No comments: