Saturday, June 29, 2013

Weekend Mani: Ombre Blues

Pin It



If you know me or follow me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, you know I have a slight (or not so slight) obsession with nail polish and painting my nails. There are so many fancy nail bloggers out there that I never want to be a regular nail blogger or even semi regular. However, I do like to toss things up a little so that you get some variety mixed in with all the food posts! So I bring you the first ever Weekend Mani post.


I've seen many different version of ombre nails lately. In case you missed it, ombre is in. It's in for highlights, it's in for home decor, it's in for clothes, it's even in for baking! I'm not always "in" to in things, but I thought I'd try my own version of ombre nails since I have so many in this blue color family. I didn't hate it! I tend to like simple and classic manicures. I like to add an accent nail on occasion, but I mostly keep it solid. This obmre was so subtle that it kept me satisfied without feeling too flashy all through last weekend.


Colors I used from pinky to thumb:

  • Avon Nailwear Pro in Vintage Blue
  • Unforgettable Moments (Payless Shoes brand) in Aqua Island
  • Wet-n-Wild Megalast in I Need a Refresh-Mint
  • Finger Paints in Tiffany Imposter
  • Essie in Where's My Chauffeur?


Do you like the ombre trend? Clothes? Hair? Decor? Baking? I'm not sold, but I've seem some classy subtler versions of things I like. 



No comments: